Update: This contest is now closed. The lucky winner is Kim S.
Want to attend RootsTech 2017? RootsTech has some promotional pricing, but here’s the best deal: Win a Free RootsTech Pass right here.
Full disclosure: It’s not on my dime. All RootsTech Ambassadors get one 4-day pass ($299 value) to give away to one of their followers. We also get a complimentary pass for ourselves, but, like whoever wins this free RootsTech Pass, we pay for our own travel and hotel accommodations.
The pass includes keynote and general sessions, over 200 classes, including Getting Started classes, the Innovator Summit, and evening cultural events.
If you’re not familiar with RootsTech, here’s the skinny:
What is RootsTech and When is It?
- RootsTech 2017 takes place February 8 – 11, 2017 in Salt Lake City
- It’s the world’s largest family history event with over 200 classes for all family history and technical skill levels. Whether you’re a rank beginner or professional researcher, there are classes and labs for you!
- There’s a special “Getting Started Track,” perfect for beginners.
- RootsTech is the perfect place to discover, preserve, and share your family stories!
- The RootsTech conference is perfect for family storytellers. There are classes to help you bring your ancestors’ stories alive, as well as classes to help you discover more about them.
- RootsTech’s tagline is “Connecting Families Across Generations.” Sounds about right, doesn’t it?
Why You Shouldn’t Miss It
- The Innovator Summit showcases great new advances in technology & family history–and you get to vote for the winner!
- This year’s keynote addresses include Emmy and Grammy winner LaVar Burton (of Reading Rainbow fame) and “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro.
- The Expo hall is packed full of exciting vendors (and swag) from photo archival companies to DNA testing companies.
- Family Discovery Day (Saturday) will feature BYU coach Kalani Sitake, Youth Speaker Hank Smith and former NFL player and TV announcer Vai Sikahema.