That’s the 2018 RootsTech theme. And the best way to connect and belong is to be there.
I can help! I will be giving away a FREE RootsTech Pass (valued at $279) to one of my blog readers. RootsTech takes place over 4 days–February 28th–March 3rd, 2018. This pass includes the opening and closing events, access to over 300 classes, daily keynote sessions, entrance to the expo hall, lounge and learn events, and the innovation showcase.
Full disclosure: It’s not on my dime. FamilySearch, the hosts of RootsTech, have provided each Ambassadors one pass to giveaway. RootsTech Ambassadors also receive perks at RootsTech, like a free pass and VIP seating. We do NOT, however, receive a commission on passes sold.
The free pass does NOT include: transportation costs (airfare, car, etc.), hotel costs, computer labs (these are additional add-ons), meals (including banquets and luncheons), printed syllabus, paid workshops.
What is RootsTech
- It’s the world’s largest family history event with over 200 classes for all family history and technical skill levels. Whether you’re a rank beginner or professional researcher, there are classes and labs for you!
- There’s a special “Getting Started Track,” perfect for beginners.
- RootsTech is a great place to learn how to discover, preserve, and share your family stories!
- RootsTech is perfect for family storytellers. There are classes to help you bring your ancestors’ stories alive, as well as classes to help you discover more about them.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss It
- The opening musical event: Celebrating the Greatest Generation–with dance and jazz music from the 40s
- Keynote speakers like “Humans of New York” photographer and writer Brandon Stanton and Olympic champion, cancer survivor, and author Scott Hamilton.
- The Innovator Summit showcases great new advances in technology & family history–and you get to vote for the winner!
- The Expo hall is packed full of exciting vendors (and swag) from photo archival companies to DNA testing companies.
- The Closing Event: My Family. Mi Herencia. Featuring Luz de Las Naciones, a “production that celebrates cultures and stories from Latin America” with a cast of over 1,000 musicians, storytellers, and dancers.
How to enter the Contest
The contest begins on October 24th! Use the Rafflecopter app below to submit multiple times by following on social media, tweeting, and sharing your favorite family memory! (You get 3 entries for sharing your memory!)